Parish Academy is a vital part of the life of All Saints. We hope you will join us this winter and take advantage of this rich educational opportunity. Come early for dinner at 5 p.m. then attend the Wednesday evening worship service, which beings at 6 pm. in the chapel. Parish Academy follows from 7-8:30 p.m.
Courses scheduled for this winter will take place January 8 - April 1, 2020 and will include:
- Holy Scripture: Revelation, Inspiration, and Interpretation, The Rev. Dr. Reid Hensarling John Classroom. The book required for this course is available in the All Saints’ Bookstore.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Books 4-7, Dr. Alan Snyder Moses Hall
- Anglican Faith and Practice, Linda Marichal Luke Classroom. The Anglican expression of Christian wor- ship is ancient, beautiful, rooted in tradition yet ever new. It can also be confusing. We are liturgical. We use hymnals and prayer books. We sit, stand, bow, kneel and cross ourselves. We are not Roman Catholic or Protestant, but Anglican – the middle way and the best of both. This class will cover the what's and the whys of our doctrine (faith), what we do in church (practice), and why it’s all wonderful!
- The Book of Psalms, Dr. Charles Hulin Mark Classroom. Participants in this course will consider the historical context of the Psalms, their application in Christian worship, specific practices at All Saints', and the possibilities of this ancient wisdom literature for our spirituality today.
Remember that all books needs for the classes can be purchased in our bookstore, less the sales tax!
Register on Realm
On your computer or mobile device:
- Login to your Realm account.
- In the search bar at the top right of the screen (the magnifying glass at the top right of the app), start typing the name of the class you wish to join.
- Click the name of the class when it appears.
- Click Join.